In 1918, Moore purchased the contracting part of the company when the Austin brothers wanted to focus primarily on bridge fabrication, dropping “Brothers” from the name in 1924. The company became known as Austin Bridge Company and Associated Companies until 1974 when the parent company, Austin Industries, was formed. Since then, Austin Industries has continued to enter diverse markets ever since.
Austin entered the commercial construction field in 1975 when Austin Commercial was established. In 1983, Austin Industrial was formed to meet the growing maintenance and construction needs of the petrochemical, power and manufacturing industries. Austin Bridge merged with two other operating companies, Austin Paving and Austin Road, in the late 1980s to form Austin Bridge & Road.