Awards & Recognition
Austin Industries is consistently commended by a number of organizations. Awards of excellence, dedication and advocacy are most prominent among the honors bestowed annually by industry organizations, minority and women’s associations, clients, civic groups and chambers of commerce.
Some of our achievements include repeated recognition from the Associated Builders and Contractors Association for Personal Commitment, Dedications and Performance, as well as the organization’s Diversity in Construction Award.
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED® STAR VPP)
American Concrete Pavement Association (ACPA)
- 2011 Silver Award in the Divided Highway Urban category; Austin Bridge & Road (Arizona’s Loop 303 project from Happy Valley Road to Lake Pleasant Parkway)
American Road & Transportation Builders Association
- 2011 Globe Award for Environmental Excellence; Austin Bridge & Road (Arizona’s Loop 303 project from Happy Valley Road to Lake Pleasant Parkway)
Roads & Bridges Magazine
- 2011 Top Ten Highway projects in the US; Austin Bridge & Road (Arizona’s Loop 303 project from Happy Valley Road to Lake Pleasant Parkway)
D/FW Minority Supplier Development Council
- 2011 recipient of the Buy Those That Buy Us Award, in addition to the Best Practices Award
- 2011 Partnering Excellence Award Winner; Austin Bridge & Road (Arizona’s Loop 303 project from Happy Valley Road to Lake Pleasant Parkway)
Topping Out Organization
- 2011 Museum of Living Art, Texas Woman’s University T Boone Pickens Institute of Health Sciences, University of North Texas health Science Center Medical Education and Training Building, University of Texas at Dallas Campus Landscape Enhancement; Austin Commercial (Texas)
Austin Industries has earned repeated recognition through the years for our innovative methods of advancing the interests of minorities and women through purchasing and economic development initiatives and workplace diversity within the company.
A partial list of our awards for these efforts includes:
Corporate Advocate of the Year Award Black Contractors Association
General Contractor of the Year Award Associated Minority Contractors of America
Construction Corporation of the Year Award: Seven-time Recipient DFW Minority Business Council
Minority Economic Development Award Dallas Citizens Council Greater Dallas Chamber
Corporate Advocate of the Year Hispanic Contractors Association
Austin Industries has been ranked among the top U.S.-based contractors according to Engineering News-Record magazine’s list of Green Contractors, based on construction revenue for projects that have been registered or certified by third-party organizations as following specific environmental, energy-savings or sustainability standards.