For more than 60 years, Austin Industrial has provided construction, maintenance, turnaround, plant and specialty services to the oil, gas, chemical, energy (power and recently ethanol) and manufacturing industries.
We support these services with our technical resources, including an ISO-modeled QA/QC process; code stamps A, PP, U and R; estimating; systematic programs; planning and scheduling; project controls; and purchasing/subcontracting.
Our heritage includes:
- Heavy industrial construction
- Construction of 84 fossil-fueled power plants totaling more than 15,000 megawatts
- Large mining equipment assembly and maintenance
- Significant market share of continuous and turnaround maintenance in the petrochemical and refining industries
- Stand-alone and ongoing construction services to the petrochemical, refining and energy industries
- Plant support services, including warehousing, packaging, loading, carpentry and tools/consumables
- Specialty services including scaffolding erection and dismantlement, painting and coatings, and insulation and abatement
- Maintenance and construction services to the manufacturing and pharmaceutical industries
Austin Industrial employee-owners have the knowledge and experience to create growth and provide solid financial performance for its customers.
Austin Industrial Today
The success of Austin Industrial is due, in part, to an unrelenting focus on safe operations, customer satisfaction and exceeding customer requirements. By adding value, high productivity, training and development to our employee-owners, we attract highly qualified people.
We steadfastly place emphasis on lower cost, faster completion, quick response, quality, safety and integrity, and we promote corporate values of open communication, can-do spirit, personal accountability, participation and employee-ownership. The result is long-term relationships with our customers that translate into a high volume of repeat business.
The Austin Industrial leadership team represents a broad range of capability and expertise. With an average of 25 years industry experience, these Austin Industrial employee-owners provide the guidance to ensure continuous growth, solid financial performance and an unrelenting focus on our customers and the industries we serve.
Barry Babyak, President
Babyak earned a Bachelor of Science in civil engineering from Louisiana Tech University. After graduating from Louisiana Tech, Babyak attended an advanced management program (RAMP) at Rice University and a construction management program at Texas A&M University. Babyak joined Austin Industrial in 1981 as a project engineer and during his 30 years of experience, Babyak has held various management positions, including project manager and senior account executive in the construction, maintenance and turnaround areas for refineries, petrochemical plants and other related industries. In January 2007, Babyak assumed his current position of president.
Additionally, Babyak serves on the Associated Builders & Contractors of Greater Houston board of directors and the PAC Trustees Committee, and is also a member of the Industrial Committee. He is also a member and the youth committee chairman of the Construction Careers Executive Leadership Team.