Our award-wining Mentor/Protégé program works with Minority, Small, and Women-Owned Business Enterprise (MWSBE) firms to advance their initiatives through best practices, networking and opportunities to work with our team. We hold seminars that address contracts, bonding and insurance, bid and award processes, administrative and site logistics, innovative cash management strategies, lien rights and claims avoidance, LEED/sustainability, Lean construction, safety, marketing, and technology. More than 400 such firms have graduated from our program, with more than $3 billion spent with those firms.
Austin is also proactive in establishing joint ventures, partnerships, and staff augmentation with MWSBE firms, and we encourage minority purchasing by prime subcontractors and vendors.
Austin is an active member of the following community organizations:
• Associated Building Contractors
• Hispanic Contractors Association
• Associated General Contractors
• National Organization of Minority Architects (NOMA)
• Hispanic Chambers
• Black Chambers
• Black Contractor Associations
• National Association of Minority Contractors